Sunday, September 4, 2011

Food Debunked


This is the first post of my new blog concept: Food Debunked. My goal is to debunk a specific food or drink once a month to inform my readers of foods that may appear healthy but in truth might be more detrimental than good. My first debunk is the Capri Sun Roarin Waters. Every birthday party we went to this summer was serving these drinks. They are so low in sugar and calories, they must be healthy right? Think again. I HATE these drinks. I HATE that the FDA gets away with calling them "all natural" "no artificial colors or flavors". Do you want to know what the ingredients are? High fructose corn syrup, Splenda, and water. I am guilty of being a Splenda user once in a while, however for a young immune system, artificial sweeteners can be really dangerous! Studies show that they cause neurological problems in children over an extended period of time. I don't care if you are worried about sugar or if your child is overweight. Please don't give your kids artificial sweeteners. If you want to cut back on the sugar, make your own "Roarin Water' with water and a small amount of 100% juice. Hope you all enjoy the post! Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. oy. It is just awful what America consumes. Awful. Trader Joe's actually has a light lemonade made with sugar and stevia. BTW did you see my TJs blog?
    lovefoodtraderjoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, D! Very informative :D

    ReplyDelete