Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vacationland

If anybody needed a vacation this summer, it was me!!! As sad as it sounds, I have not been on any sort of real vacation in 3 years!  With that being said, we just got back from our first family vacation in the great state of Maine, otherwise known as Vacationland :)
I was hesitant to take a two year old on an airplane, but Sophia impressed us by how well behaved she was. Her excitement was adorable as she shouted things like, "up in airplane" , "I'm high in the sky!" We enjoyed a full 2 weeks in Maine with aunties, uncles, grandparents, and cousins. It was such a treat to take a vacation with the entire family. Traveling with 8 people and a toddler is no easy task, but it was well worth the memories that were shared!



This is the view from our house. Its just walking distance to the ocean!






This is the amazing house we stayed it. It used to be two houses! It was built in the 1800's and has since been relocated.           
Men being men and chopping wood. My grandfather's house has a working  water well, compost pile, and a wood burning stove. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
Isn't this just a great picture of my mom and my sister? I love these ladies!
Have you ever seen such fresh looking blueberries? This box of organic, wild, delicious blueberries cost $15 dollars.  Where we live, this would cost about $40 dollars! I put these to good use by making not one, but two pies. mmmmm
Watching these two interact makes my heart melt. I know she will grow up wanting to marry her daddy.
Little girl with her Grumpy. Nope, its not a typo. We call him Grumpy.
How many pots does it take to make a lobster dinner?


A true Mainer's feast

This poor guy doesn't know that he is about to be my dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment