Tuesday, February 8, 2011

When I Go to the Park










When did Sophia become big enough to play on the playground? Why does it feel like she is transitioning from being a baby to being a little girl faster than I can keep up with? This is such a bitter sweet concept for a mother. I definitely do not miss those late night feedings that come with having an infant, but there is a small part of me that just wants life to slow down. I want to take it all in and not feel like time is moving faster than I can catch up with. Sophia is slowly becoming independent. She has a personality and it is such a joy to watch her as she tries to do things on her own. My favorite thing about her right now is that everyone is her best friend. We go to the park and she waves and says hi to everyone whether it is a child or an old man walking his dog. James and I were just talking tonight about what a kind heart our little girl has. I was washing dishes tonight and she came over to me, kissed and hugged my leg, and walked away. It was her simple way of showing her love for me and it just about makes me cry. Watching your child grow up before your eyes has to be one of the most bittersweet things that exist. I know that life will not slow down, it will probably only get busier. All I can do is capture every moment in the best possible way.

No comments:

Post a Comment