Thursday, June 23, 2011

Its Hard to Believe But its Really True...

Our little girl is turning 2!
I am still in shock that in less than one week, I will be the mother of a 2 year old. Wasn't she just born yesterday? What a joy these first two years have been. Watching her learn and develop has been the greatest joy of my life thus far, and I know that the journey will only get better. We celebrated Sophia's birthday this past Saturday while Daddy was in town. The Hungry Caterpillar theme could not have gone any better! It was somewhat stressful trying to cram 30 of our closest friends and family into our 1100 sq ft house, but I think we pulled it off! We tried to have most of the food be items from the book such as salami, swiss cheese, lollipops, apples, oranges, plums, etc... The planning and preparation was well worth it because I know that when Sophia sees these pictures and memories later in life, she will be so joyful.






The AWESOME birthday cake! Fondant is so much fun. This is the first of many fondant cakes to come!
A little help blowing out the candles

Bath time baby doll!
All these presents can make a girl tired!

First signs of a 2 year old: She insists on wearing her new boots!


Octopus Sprinkler from Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe she is growing up so fast! You are such a great mommy! Everything from the party looked so cute :) I know i've said it a thousband tiems, but your little girl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete