Friday, May 20, 2011

Flourless, Eggless, Sugarless, Delicous!


This recipe is slightly modified based on http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/nikkis-healthy-cookies-recipe.html . I was very skeptical of this recipe. How can these cookies not have sugar in them and still taste good? For those of you who don't know, I take a lot of pride in feeding my family all natural foods including very limited sweets. I must confess, despite being a "health nut" , I have an incredible sweet tooth! Needless to say, I had to give these cookies a try. The end result is outstanding. The coconut brings a great texture that compliments the heartiness of the oats while the chocolate chips add the perfect amount of sweetness.

Here is the recipe below:
Enjoy!

3 large, ripe bananas, well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil, barely warm - so it isn't solid (or alternately, olive oil)
2 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup almond meal
1/3 cup coconut, finely shredded & unsweetened
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
6 - 7 ounces chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar chopped

No comments:

Post a Comment